Friday, February 5, 2010

Cheesecake


I got this recipe from a friend a few years back and am just now trying it out. I have to say, I regret taking so long! This was her grandmother's recipe, and I'll tell ya what, I've never made a cheesecake before, but this was so easy and it came out looking beautiful - it was also amazing! We topped it with mixed berries and I think I weigh about 3 lbs more than I did last night! So worth it, though. Happy indulging!

Cheesecake
  • Crust:
    • 10 large graham crackers
    • 1 Tablespoon sugar
    • 1 Tablespoon melted butter

    Filling:

    • 3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese (can use Neufchatel)
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 5 eggs
    • 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla

    Topping:

    • 3 cups sour cream
    • 1/2 cup sugar
    • 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla

  • Preheat oven to 300.

  • Crush crackers and mix with sugar and butter. Line bottom of 2 quart baking dish (Springform pan is best) with the mixture
  • For the filling, cream the cheese. Add sugar and beat in all eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Pour over crust and bake for one hour. Or until the middle no longer 'jiggles' and it's light brown around the edges.
  • About 10 minutes before the filling is done, mix sour cream, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Pull cheesecake out a the appropriate time, and spread topping over the cheesecake.
  • Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes.
  • When cooled off, place in the refrigerator overnight or 6-8 hours.

I know that it's not usual to have the top layer on there, but let me tell you what...it's fantastic and makes it so easy. If the cheesecake were to fall or crack, the topping makes it all disappear and you have a perfectly smooth cheesecake every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment