Monday, March 7, 2016

3 Bean Pantry Chili

This is one of my favorite go-to pantry meal.  I always have everything for this chili on hand.  It's so simple, but we love it.  I will often times throw in some zucchini if I have it laying around, or put an extra can of diced tomatoes in it with 3-4 cups cubed sweet potatoes. It's a very versatile recipe.  In the summer, I omit the liquids and drain the tomatoes and use it as a burrito filling, or serve it over baked sweet potatoes or rice! I was hesitant to put it on the blog, but a friend told me you can't ever have too many chili recipes, so...here you go!



3 Bean Pantry Chili
serves 6
  • 1 can each: black, kidney, great northen beans, rinse and drain
  • 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
  • 2 cups frozen corn
  • 6 oz can tomato paste
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2-3 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 TBLS brown sugar or molasses
  • 1 TBLS dried cilantro or oregano
  • 1/2-1 cup broth
  • Opt: 2 cups frozen bell pepper or zucchini
  • 1 TBLS red wine vinegar at end
-- Combine all and heat through. 




No comments:

Post a Comment