Monday, December 30, 2019

Amazing Carrot Tomato Soup

My family loves this soup.  It's so easy and full of flavor.  I personally love the versatility of it depending on what I have on hand at the moment.  This is one of those recipes I go to when I have a bunch of carrots that have lost their crisp. This is great as a side soup, or if you want to sneak some beans in, there's a "with protein" option, too!

Amazing Carrot Tomato Soup
Serves 6-8
  • 1 lg onion, chopped
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 TBLS minced garlic
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
  • 3-4 cups chopped carrots
  • 3-4 cups cubed squash OR 1 can pure pumpkin OR 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
  • 6 cups broth
  • 1 TBLS basil
  • S&P to taste
-- Simmer all on stovetop for 45 minutes OR crockpot on high for 4-6 hours.  Puree



No comments:

Post a Comment