Friday, February 26, 2010

Maple Syrup

I make my own Maple Syrup and figured I would share the recipe with you all. Sorry for no picture - just imagine the thick brown liquid streaming over some hot pancakes...mmm....YUM!! (I think we may have pancakes for lunch, now that I'm thinking about it!) I got this recipe from my roommate in college - I think it was her mom's recipe. It's been good for us, hope you enjoy!!

Homemade Maple Syrup
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Butter
  • Vanilla
--Heat until boiling.
--Let boil 4 minutes. DO NOT STIR!!
--Take off heat and add butter and vanilla to taste. (I do about a T of butter and 1-2 t of vanilla)

I usually double or triple this. If you triple it, it fits into a normal syrup container quite well.

2 comments:

  1. Does the syrup keep well? I think I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we go through it fairly quickly, but it'll keep for a month about, or so...

    ReplyDelete