What says comfort food more than Chicken Pot Pie? Yeah. Not much. This is one of my favorite comfort food dishes, and I made it tonight just because. The mixture of the spices I put in, along with the chunks of chicken and veggies is just the perfect combo! For whatever reason, I serve my chicken pot pie with rice - I think that's what my mom did, and so I do it, too. Either way, it's good. Some people like to add potatoes in to their chicken pot pies, but I prefer to have my extra starch on the side to soak up the goodness!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups cooked, cubed, chicken
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (I thaw mine just a little)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can cream of chicken condensed soup
- Spices to taste (I use a mixture of pepper, basil, and rosemary)
- 2 pie crusts
--Mix all ingredients together
--Place in pie crust and put top crust on, venting
- --Bake at 400 for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown
This is the 'on the plate version' since the top picture looks like any old pie...