I made this for a ladies brunch and it was so delicious! This would also be a good addition to any Easter breakfast or brunch! We served it with fresh fruit and some sticky buns and the combination of the entire meal was just wonderful. The spices really added a nice subtle depth.
Spinach & Mushroom Breakfast Quiche
- 6 slices of bacon - broken into 1 inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used whole)
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- dash of cinnamon
- S & P to taste
- 1 large (9 or 10 oz) bag fresh spinach
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (I used baby bella tops)
- 1 c onion - diced fine
- 2 c cheese - shredded. I used CoJack, but Swiss would be good, or a white cheddar.
--Saute mushrooms and onions until almost all soft, add spinach and saute until wilted and bright green.
--Add vegetables to egg mixture.
--Pour into a lightly greased 9x13
--Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.