Monday, July 19, 2010

Gazpacho I


I love a good grilled cheese sandwich and bowl of tomato soup. In reality, I could eat this meal about once a week the entire year round, the only problem is that other people would probably have a hard time with the hot aspect of the soup. So instead, in the summer, I do grilled cheese and Gazpacho. It's so easy it's almost laughable. It's healthy and great when it's hot out and you just want something refreshing.

Gazpacho
  • 4 cups tomato juice
  • 1 onion - chunked
  • 1 large cucumber - peeled and chunked
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 garlic clove - minced (here is where I would change things -- I used the garlic raw, and while I love garlic, it was a little much. So next time I'll use less raw garlic or saute it before hand)
  • 3 T lemon juice
  • 2 T red wine vinegar
  • 1 t dried tarragon
  • 1 t dried basil
  • 1 t dried parsley
  • 1 t white sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
-- Put the onion, cucumber, lemon juice, and red wine vinegar in the food processor and chop until desired texture.
-- Combine the rest and mix well. Chill a couple hours and enjoy.

This is a great base recipe to just run with! Add more cucumbers, celery, hot sauce, whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment