Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Chicken


I got this recipe last week from The Sisters' Cafe -- if you've been there recently, you'll see that it was just put up -- anyway, I tried it the other night and it was fantastic! It was so easy to just throw together and let it cook all day. I think next time I'll drain at least one, if not two cans of tomatoes (I tripled it because it's SO easy to freeze!), it was just a little too runny for us, but the taste was amazing! If you don't have little kids around (or kids who like heat), bump the spice up! Serve it over tortilla chips (or in tortillas!) with black beans, sour cream, cheese, lettuce -- whatever!

Sweet and Spicy Chicken
  • 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 (14-ounce) can petite or regular diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
--Place the chicken (frozen or thawed) in the crockpot.
--Mix the other ingredients up and pour over.
--Cook on high for 4 hours or until done. Shred and return to crockpot for just a little bit.

I was thinking that I could probably do this in the oven, drain the tomatoes, and serve the breasts whole with a fun side...I'd be interested to hear if someone tries that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment