Wednesday, June 20, 2012

a wee little break

Happy first day of summer!  I hope you all have fun things planned!

Life is busy for us all, I think, and for whatever reason, summer and the holidays are the 2 busiest times of the year for me.  Add to that fact that the heat makes me want to stay out of the kitchen and I realized I haven't been cooking new things as much. I've been playing it safe with supper easy, light, and quick dishes.

With each turning season, I try to step back and take stock of my life. I reevaluated this blog.  Really thought about it's true purpose (to bring to light some really great recipes out there that are easy, healthy, tasty and easy on the wallet!) and where it falls in line with my priorities.  And I'm happy to say that I don't get paid to post on here.  Because I wouldn't want anything to stop me from experiencing a fabulous summer through the eyes of a 4 and 2 year old.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be taking a wee little break from the food blogging world.  Probably just a few weeks until life (read: summer camps, vacation, and insane heat) slows a little.  But I wanted you all to know that I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  I'll be here. I'll be driving children here and there in search of cool things to do.  I'll be feeding my family our favorite tried and true summer dishes.  And, if I happen to try something new that I really like, I'll post it.  Just know that I won't be posting each and every Monday like I've been doing.

And when I come back, because I fully intend for this to be a very wee little break, I'll come back with a renewed gumption and a giveaway.

Don't you just love cliff-hangers?

Thanks for understanding.  And in the meantime, please riffle through the recipe index and find dishes you haven't tried yet.





No comments:

Post a Comment