Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pizza Dough (Bread Maker)

Almost every single Friday night when it's not too hot out, we make our own pizza.  Over the years I've experimented with no-rise crusts, making my own from scratch without the help of a bread machine, and now that I have a bread machine, I've played around with different types of pizza doughs.  Whole wheat, half and half, with cornmeal and without, with honey and without.

After going without our pizza nights for most of the summer, I've made pizza the last 2 Fridays and with the dough recipe that I think will be our stand-by from now on.  I don't know how many of you have a bread maker or would even be interested in this, but I thought I'd share.



Pizza Dough (for the bread maker)
Makes a 1.5lb ball of dough
  • 1 c + 3 T water
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 c whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup white flour
  • 1 T sugar
  • 2 t active dry yeast
  • 1/2 t salt
  • to taste: shake in some garlic powder, basil and oregano
To bake, roll it on out, top with sauce and whatever lovin's you want and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment