This recipe is one of Britt's wonderful creations and I'm so glad she has shared it on here. We made these tasty 'shrooms last week and were very pleased eating them along side the Mediterranean Barley Salad I just posted -- it really completed the meal. Evan my 5 year old looked at me and told me they were delicious!
These are quick to throw together, and a satisfying treat for those hot summer afternoons when you want a delicious meal but just don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen. I can even envision them on a toasted bun with burger toppings and condiments.
Feel free to double as they go really fast!
Active time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes (includes marinating time)
Serving Suggestions: Steamed corn on the cob, a green salad, and a simple quinoa or rice side.
What you'll need:
- 8 oz sliced portabella mushrooms (either a box pre-sliced, or 2 caps sliced)
- 2 T canola oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 TBLS minced onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
What you'll do:
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl or bread pan.
- Add portabella mushrooms to the marinade, cover tightly with saran wrap or lid & toss gently to evenly coat. Allow to marinate for 30-45 minutes, tossing occasionally to distribute the marinade (if you are present during this time and able to do so).
- Dump mushrooms and marinade into a large skillet and saute over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for later use.