Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Turkey Meatloaf


Growing up, my mom always made a special dinner for us on our birthday and I tell you that I always chose one of two meals. It was either Huevos Rancheros or Meatloaf. Jared was always Homemade Mac'n'cheese or Chicken Parmesan. Either way, my mom always had it easier with me. But at the time, I had no idea how easy it was to make meatloaf. And it's even easier when you use this recipe! My mom's meatloaf uses beef, and one day I'll make that and put it on the blog because she's been using it for over 20 years and it always gets rave reviews. But right now, we eat a lot of ground turkey in place of ground beef and this is the best meatloaf recipe I have found for Turkey meatloaf. It's delicious and still, to this day,is one of my favorite dishes. Best with green bean casserole and mashed or sweet potatoes. Oh yeah...my mouth is watering and I just ate it!

Turkey Meatloaf
  • 1 lb ground turkey meat
  • 1 cup chopped onion - sometimes I just use onion powder
  • 1/4 cup Italian dressing
  • 1/2 cup ketchup (divided in half)
  • 3 oz. stuffing - I use turkey stuffing
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 egg white
--Heat onions and dressing in microwave for 30 seconds. Cool slightly. (If you're using onion powder, skip this step)
--Combine everything (except 1/2 of the ketchup)
--Put it all in a loaf pan and spread the remaining ketchup on top. I sprinkle basil or oregano on top.
--Bake at 375 for 55-60 minutes.

Turns out perfect every time. But only use this recipe with Turkey. If you want the beef version, you'll just have to stick around. :)

--

No comments:

Post a Comment