Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chicken Vegetable Dumpling Soup


On cold and dreary or snowy nights, nothing hits the spot like nice warm soup! It's part of the reason why I love cooking in the fall and winter! This soup is insanely easy and one of Scot's favorites. Not too pretty in the picture, I know, but it really is delicious. This past time I didn't have actual Bisquick, but I had Krusteaz Wheat and Honey Pancake Mix and that worked really really well, I highly recommend it!

Chicken Vegetable Dumpling Soup
  • 1.5 cups milk
  • 2 cups (I do a little more) mixed frozen veggies
  • 2 cups diced cooked chicken
  • 1 can cream of chicken
  • 1 can cream of mushroom - I don't do the mushroom thing, so I do another can of chicken
  • Dumplings:
  • 1 cup Bisquick
  • 1/3 cup milk
--Heat 1.5 milk, veggies, chicken, condensed soups until boiling
--In separate bowl mix Bisquick and 1/3 c milk
--Drop Bisquick mix into soup by the spoonful (about 8)
--Reduce heat and cook uncovered 10 minutes. Cover and cook another 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment