Sunday, October 4, 2009

Easy Pizza Crust


Friday nights are pizza nights at our house. Each and every week we decide what kind of pizza we'll be having on that Friday. This past weeks choice was my personal favorite, Hawaiian. What makes this pizza so appealing, is not only the taste, but the ease of it. I don't have a bread machine, nor do I want one. I also don't quite have the time (or make the time, really) to make a pizza dough that has to rise and all that good stuff. I do, however, use this little recipe that requires no rising time. We like thinner crusts, so this works for us. I have had several people ask for this recipe, so here it is.

Easy Pizza Crust
  • 2.5 cups flour
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1 t dry yeast
  • 1 t salt
  • 2 T sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup water
--Mix all dry. Add all wet.
--Stir and knead a couple times.
--Roll out.
--Bake 10 minutes at 425.
--Put on your sauce and toppings.
--Bake again for 20 minutes.

Sometimes I add herbs and such into the dough if I'm feeling in the mood. This is just a very basic recipe - have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment