I love soups. I love stews. I love stoups (heavier than soup, lighter than stew). This is one of my favorite soups, though. It's hearty, it's flavorful, and it's easy. I always serve it with some hearty bread (9 grain Italian is my current favorite) and make it a complete meal! Enjoy!
Tortellini Vegetable Soup
- 2.5 cups water
- 2 can Italian diced tomatoes - undrained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 t dried basil - crushed
- 1/2 t dried oregano - crushed
- dash of pepper
- 4 cups frozen California mixed vegetable (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) - 16 oz pkg
- 1 9oz pkg frozen tortellini
- 3/4 t parsley
--Bring to boil. Stir in tortellini and vegetables.
--Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 6 minutes.
--Stir in parsley.