I got this recipe from one of my all time favorite cooking blogs, The Sisters' Cafe, and have now made 2 batches and am planning to make a third for a ladies meeting I have next week. These are also going in the Christmas goody bags I give to family and friends! Super easy and delicious! Note: the recipe says to use 4 cups of almonds, but the almonds I bought came in a 3 cup bag - so mine are a little extra crunchy - SO good - I highly recommend it!
|BEFORE going into the oven|
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Makes 4 cups (16, 1/4 cup servings)
Active time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes (until they're cool enough to eat!)
What you'll need:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
What you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Beat egg white until frothy, add vanilla and beat until thick.
- Add almonds and mix until entirely coated.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt together and add to almonds and stir until well coated.
- Spread almonds on a parchment paper lined baking sheet/pan - a jelly roll pan is best, if you have one
- Bake for 1 hour stir after 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts (per 1/4 cup serving):Calories 257 (Calories from fat 159); Total Fat 18g (Saturated 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 77mg; Potassium 257mg; Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 5g); Sugars 14g; Protein 8g; Vitamins/Minerals - Vitamin A 1 IU; Vitamin C 0mg; Calcium 98mg; Iron 1mg; Folate 18mcg