Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seshonginbrosu Glazed Chicken


What is that, you may say. This is a concoction of 2 creative college students. My roommate and I were fiddling around in the kitchen one day and came up with this glaze. We would even drizzle some of over our carrots if that's what we were having as our vegetable! Served over rice, this sweeten chicken is delicious. Scot is always telling me I need to make this for company, but since some people are particular about how much sweet is in their main meal, I tend to leave it for just the normal dinner with us. And now for the name...seshonginbrosu stands for the ingredients you use to make the glaze. Sesame seeds, honey, ginger, brown sugar.

Seshonginbrosu Glaze - for 2 chicken breasts

  • 3 T honey
  • 1/4 brown sugar
  • ginger to taste
  • Sesame seeds - for garnish at the end
--Cook your chicken however you like it. With this recipe I usually boil it, cut it into strips, and then transfer it tot he sauce pan, or...if I have the little tenderloin strips already, I pan fry them and then transfer them to the sauce pan
--When the chick is pretty much done, put the honey, brown sugar, and ginger in a small sauce pan and heat until it turns into a glaze.
--Add chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes. Chicken should be covered (or nearly covered) by the glaze.
--Serve over rice. Drizzle extra glaze (I always double the glaze) on rice and chicken. Top with sesame seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment