Bowtie? I don't see any bowtie pasta in that picture! Well, that's because I didn't have any on hand, and all you really need is a fun short pasta like the Tuscan Twists I used! And bacon, again? I didn't plan that - I promise - it just happened. This is quick, easy, and so tasty. Totally 'guest friendly', too!
Bowtie Bacon Pasta
- 1 lb bowtie pasta (or any short fun noodle)
- 1 cup (about 10 slices) chopped and cooked bacon -- I use the 'healthy' turkey bacon and it does great
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 heaping Table spoons minced garlic
- Dry Pesto packet
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Shredded Parmesan or Romano
--Saute garlic in skillet with Olive Oil.
--Add the red pepper flakes to taste.
--Add the bacon and can of tomatoes.
--Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
--Add Pesto packet.
--Stir in with the pasta and serve.
--Top with cheese -- enjoy!