Friday, June 11, 2010

Bowtie Bacon Pasta


Bowtie? I don't see any bowtie pasta in that picture! Well, that's because I didn't have any on hand, and all you really need is a fun short pasta like the Tuscan Twists I used! And bacon, again? I didn't plan that - I promise - it just happened. This is quick, easy, and so tasty. Totally 'guest friendly', too!

Bowtie Bacon Pasta
  • 1 lb bowtie pasta (or any short fun noodle)
  • 1 cup (about 10 slices) chopped and cooked bacon -- I use the 'healthy' turkey bacon and it does great
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 2 heaping Table spoons minced garlic
  • Dry Pesto packet
  • Red pepper flakes to taste
  • Shredded Parmesan or Romano
--Cook pasta according to box. Meanwhile...
--Saute garlic in skillet with Olive Oil.
--Add the red pepper flakes to taste.
--Add the bacon and can of tomatoes.
--Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
--Add Pesto packet.
--Stir in with the pasta and serve.
--Top with cheese -- enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment