Monday, June 14, 2010

Noodles Romanoff a la Fast


So I got on here to just quickly update a recipe I could have sworn I had on here already. But after searching for it, I do not have it on here at all. Shame on me! This is not something you would have on the menu for company, but it's quick and easy and pretty inexpensive. I use all low fat products, so it's 'healthy', too. This is originally supposed to be made as a layered casserole (that picture would have at least been prettier), but it takes an extra 30 minutes that way, and since I was in a hurry Saturday night, I decided to wing it and make it this way as an experiment and it worked! I didn't have to turn the oven on and I only really dirtied one dish! Serves 4-6

Noodles Romanoff
  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey
  • 1/2 c onion - diced
  • 16 oz favorite traditional spaghetti sauce
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 heaping cup cottage cheese
  • 3/4 lb wide egg noodles -- cooked according to directions
--Saute the onion and meat together in large skillet like shown or sauce pan
--Drain and add pasta sauce
--Add cheeses and stir til melted
--Add pasta and stir til coated

A lot like a hamburger helper type meal - but better. And only 20 minutes! Serve with salad and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment