Monday, June 21, 2010

Pineapple and Sugar Snap Pea Pasta


Ok. This is one of those recipes you look at and think "Really? You put all that together?" But it works and it was so yummy! It's a great summer time dish with the sugar snap peas and pineapple!

Pineapple and Sugar Snap Pea Pasta
  • A shelled pasta of some sort. I used medium shells, the recipe called for Conchelli
  • A bag of Sugar Snap Peas (6 oz?)
  • A can of Pineapple chunks (drained and reserve 3 T of the juice)
  • 1/2 lb ham cut into little strips or cubed - your preference
  • 6 oz plain yogurt
  • 8 oz block of cream cheese
  • 4 stalks celery - sliced thin
  • Dried Parsley to taste (2 - 3 t)
-- Cook noodles according to the direction.
-- While noodles are cooking, put the pineapple into 2 equal piles. Slice the pineapple in the first pile in half. Finely chop the second pile. Set aside. (see note)
--Cook the peas in boiling water for 30 seconds. I nuked them and they were just fine. Set aside.
--Blend the cream cheese, yogurt, and reserved pineapple juice together in a large bowl until smooth. I used my hand blender and it worked like a charm.
--Add the parsley, pineapple, cut ham, sliced celery, and peas and stir til coated.
--Mix in with drained pasta and enjoy!

Notes: This can be eaten hot or cold - we enjoyed both. Also, we wanted more pineapple present. I think next time I'll take an entire can of drained pineapple and blend it with the cream cheese and yogurt mixture and then just slice the other can of pineapple like normal. Chopping it finely was not quick! Also - the parsley is key! You'll see the picture doesn't have parsley in it - I forgot it until I was almost done with my meal - so much better with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment