Friday, August 20, 2010

Zesty Chicken and Rice


I love crock-pot meals. Especially on Mondays when I devote the day to cleaning. The last thing I want to do Monday night is cook or clean dirtied kitchen. So I every Monday morning, I run to my crockpot with open arms! This past week I made a new dish and tweaked it a little according to what I had on hand, and it was great! I served it with a veggie and I was good to go! I also will tone down the spice next time I make this (and there will be a next time, let me assure you), but it must not have been too spicy because Evan it just fine. I'm just a wimp when it comes to spice.

Zesty Chicken and Rice

Serves:4 (Large Men)
  • 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 small and quite a few tenderloins I had)
  • 2 large bell peppers, coarsely chopped (I did mine in strips, but will shop next time)
  • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes - undrained
  • 1 cup uncooked rice
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 pkg dry Taco seasoning (I actually used Enchilada seasoning because it's what I had and it was wonderful!)
  • 1 t ground red pepper
  • 1 t cinnamon (I added this and loved it with the enchilada seasonings, but I wouldn't add it with the taco I don't think)
  • S&P to taste
  • Shredded cheese for the top (optional)
--Mix it all (except the cheese, of course) up and set on High for 4 hours! Top with the cheese


NOTE: I put everything in frozen. The chicken and the bell peppers at least (I had planned on making this a while back but didn't, so I was forced to cut the peppers and freeze them, but it worked out great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment