Friday, August 20, 2010

Simple Cucumber Salad


I'm sure we all have a recipe like this somewhere, but, just in case you don't, here's one you should try! I was blessed with a neighbor who needed me to pick her garden while she was on vacation for a week - little did I know the kind of produce I would be getting! Needless to say, we've had a lot of this stuff around our house the past week and we are not complaining one bit!

Simple Cucumber Salad
  • 3 large cucumbers - skinned if you want and sliced thin
  • 1 smallish onion - sliced thin
  • 1/2 vinegar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
--Put the sliced cucumbers and onion in a bowl (I usually add dill to this, but I didn't have any on hand - bummer!)
--Mix vinegar and sugar together and pour over top
--Stick in the fridge for an hour or so and enjoy the freshness!

NOTE: Great if you add tomatoes to it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment