Monday, October 25, 2010

Cheesy Mixed Vegetable Bake


I've had this recipe for a while but was quite hesitant for some time. I don't know why. But I'm now kicking myself. Not only was this a cinch to put together, but it was so tasty and Evan loved it just as much as we did! A great casserole for any one of the cold nights that's coming your way!! Serve with some hearty bread and you're good to go! (You can also make this a side if you take out the chicken)

Cheesy Mixed Vegetable Bake
  • 1 (16oz) pkg frozen California blend vegetable - nuke them to speed things up
  • 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
  • 1 (4oz) can chopped pimentos - I used a whole marinated red pepper chopped up
  • 1 (10 oz) can cream of celery soup - I used the 98% fat free kind
  • 1/3 cup light sour cream
  • 1 (3 oz) can French fried onions
  • 1 cup shredded cheese - I used Co-Jack and it was great!
-- Mix veggies, chicken, 1/2 of the pimentos, soup, sour cream, 1/2 of the french onions, 1/2 of the cheese.
-- Pour into a great casserole dish (I used an 8x8)
--Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
-- Top with remaining onions and cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes.
-- Sprinkle remaining pimentos on top.

As a note, I put the onions, cheese and pimentos/peppers on top and baked it covered for the 20 minutes and just took the foil off at the end and let the cheese fully melt and the onions crisp up.

No comments:

Post a Comment