Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miss Bev's Meatloaf



This is the meatloaf I grew up with. It's your traditional home-style comfort food in the form of tasty meatloaf and I love it. My mom got the recipe from my childhood best friend's mom, Bev. Which is why we've always called it "Miss Bev's Meatloaf" -- in fact, it is this meatloaf that I requested for many a birthday dinners. That's just how much I enjoyed eating it. I tried it for the first time myself this past week and and it was as good as I remembered. I love it with sweet potatoes and a salad.

Miss Bev's Meatloaf
  • 1 lb beef
  • 1 egg lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 T brown sugar
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/2 t dry mustard
  • dash or two of pepper
  • dash of cayenne
  • 1/4 c ketchup
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 2 T water
  • 2 t Worcester sauce
-- Combine all well and place in loaf pan
-- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350

No comments:

Post a Comment