Sunday, May 15, 2011

White Chocolate Raspberry Pie


I made this last night for a dinner party we went to and it got rave reviews. Seriously. Everyone loved it. And I'll admit I was a little nervous about it since I had never made it before and I sorta combined 3 different recipes and tweaked even that version. It was just the right blend of sweet and tart, though -- so satisfying. It was not runny (thankfully) and instead was this amazing creamy fruit consistency. We didn't have any ice cream with it, but I think next time I'll make sure it's there. Not because it needs it. Oh no. But just because it's one of those summer fruit pies that seems to require it. I did make my own crust for this, but that's only because I forgot to buy those pre-made ones at the market. Surprisingly, too, it turned out. So I'll include that recipe here as well.


White Chocolate Raspberry Pie
  • 4 c raspberries (thawed if you use frozen)
  • 1 c white chocolate morsels
  • 3 T flour
  • 1 T sugar
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 2 pie crusts
  • milk
-- Place raspberries in a bowl and very gently mix in the flour, sugar, and cinnamon.
-- Add the white chocolate and gently stir until evenly dispersed.
-- Pour into crust, lay top crust on, vent, and brush with some milk.
-- Bake for 15 minutes @425 and then 25 minutes @375



Crust:
2 c flour
1 t salt
1 T sugar
2/3 c butter
water
white vinegar

--Pulse together in food processor. Transfer to a bowl.
--DO NOT TOUCH WITH YOUR HANDS
-- Add 5 T of ice cold water
-- Add a splash of white vinegar to make it flaky
-- Separate dough in half
-- Roll out into two circles

1 comment:

  1. I would do anything, and I mean anything to eat another slice of this pie. It's just that good...and this is not a biased husband talking.

    ReplyDelete