Thursday, June 23, 2011

Use the carrots!

The other night when I made the lentil loaf, I talked with my mom and she mentioned how a lentil loaf she used to have a recipe for called for carrots, and I got to thinking that it was a pretty good idea.

So tonight when I made the loaf (two of them actually, one to eat tonight and one to freeze for Scot for while I'm gone) I added about 3/4 cup of shredded/processed carrots to each loaf and oh. my. goodness.

I'm never looking back.

They added to the texture and they made the loaf. It was a little sweeter and less "lentil-y" - which originally wasn't a bad thing, but it bumped the meal up from being something I'd eat again, to being one of my favorite vegan meals I've made!

So now the lentil loaf recipe reflects the carrot change.

But in case you need further urging. Use the carrots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment