Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vegan Cold Berry Soup

Since we have gone vegan in the house, there have been certain dishes I miss, but most of the time, I can get over it and move on. This dish, however, I knew I needed to find a way to make work. It is a staple in our house in the summer. I serve it with a nice big salad, with tacos (an odd combination, I admit), and with anything light that just needs a little extra to make it into a meal. I served this last night with a quinoa salad type dish and because of the amount of protein now in the soup, (and the fiber in the quinoa) it left us so full we couldn't even eat the green salad I had available. Still as easy to make as the original and it still tastes yummy, too. Who knew?

Vegan Cold Berry Soup
Serve 4 1.25 c servings
  • 4 cups berries (frozen work just fine if you don't have fresh - just defrost them a little bit)
  • 1 package (12-14 oz) silken tofu
  • 1/2 cup O.J.
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar (or to taste)
  • Cinnamon or Ginger to taste
--Combine all and blend until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment