Saturday, April 14, 2012

Roasted Balsamic Asparagus






This is one of the amazing side dishes I served with Easter dinner.  Can I say delish?!  It was simple, elegant, and, of course, super tasty!

Wait, did I say that already?

Anyway, even if you don't like asparagus, you should try this recipe.  Both of my boys (who have turned their cute little noses up at the super nutritious green spears before) cleaned their little piles of asparagus with no urging!

I got the recipe from Mama Pea and I'm so happy she posted it.  I hope you'll be happy I posted it, too!

Roasted Balsamic Asparagus
Serves 4-6



  • 1 lb Asparagus spears, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/2 t EVOO
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 T EVOO
  • 1 t soy sauce or Tamari
  • 1/2 t balsamic vinegar
-- Toss the asparagus pieces with the 1/2 t EVOO and put on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Sprinkle with salt and roast for 12 minutes at 400 (until tender).
-- Meanwhile, combine the EVOO, Soy sauce and Balsamic vinegar
-- Once asparagus is done, toss with EVOO mixture until fully coated.


1 comment: