I ate almost the entire pound. No joke.
We figured out I got 9 grams of protein, 36 grams of fiber, over 3 times my daily need of Vitamin C and quite a bit of calcium (as far as "from vegetables" calcium goes).
And what's not to love? It's easy. They're super tasty (even Scot, who isn't a fan of the vegetable, said that the taste was great) and they pop so easily into your mouth.
I should know.
Ahh...brussel sprouts...so good!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Serves 6 (or 2 people who just love love love them!)
Active time: 3-5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
Serving Suggestions: With sweet potatoes and our Lentil Loaf.
What you'll need:
- 1 lb frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 TBLS olive oil
- 1 TBLS white wine vinegar
- 1 TBLS honey
- salt & pepper to taste
What you'll do:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss the sprouts in the olive oil and place on a lined jelly roll pan.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Stir after about 20 minutes. Take out once they are soft (fork tender) and just starting to brown.
- Mix together the vinegar and honey, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine sprouts and dressing in a bowl and stir gently until coated.
Nutrition Facts (per serving, 1/6 of recipe):
Calories 62 (Calories from fat 23); Total Fat 3g (Saturated 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 8mg; Potassium 282mg; Total Carbohydrate 9g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Sugars 3g; Protein 3g; Vitamins/Minerals - Vitamin A 466 IU; Vitamin C 56mg; Calcium 20mg; Iron 1mg; Folate 93mcg