Monday, November 12, 2012

Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread

I am extremely chagrined that I did not try this recipe earlier.  It's going to change my dinner-making life.  No bread to go with that soup I'm making?  As long as I have 30 minutes, I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Don't make the same mistake I did!  You most likely have all these ingredients in your kitchen right now.  It really is simple and it tastes amazing.

You go from this:



To this (in 20 minutes):



Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread
  • 1 cup rolled oats - ground
  • 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
  • 2 t baking powder
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1 1/2 T honey
  • 1 T veg oil
  • 1 c milk (I used almond milk, and used 3/4 c milk, and 1/4 c water to get the right "2% milk" consistency)
-- Combine all dry.  Combine all wet.  Add dry to wet and form into ball.  You may need to add a little more flour to get it just past the sticky point.
-- Place ball on a lightly oiled cookie sheet, or use a silpat!, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 450.  

No comments:

Post a Comment