Now, I'm afraid, the original recipe will seem a bit boring.
Since the revamp was so good, I thought I'd post it here. I hope you enjoy the flavor combo this brings!
Simple Corn, Bean, and Sweet Potato Burritos
- 6 cups 1/2-inch cubes sweet potatoes (skins kept on)
- A little EVOO
- 1 1/2 cups corn (1 can, rinsed/drained or 2 cups frozen, thawed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 t minced garlic or 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t cumin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c cooked brown rice
- 3/4 c salsa
- 6 soft whole wheat tortillas (or corn)
-- After you stir them, saute corn, onion, and green pepper with a little EVOO until soft
-- Add garlic and spices and stir for 1 minutes
-- Add beans, rice, and salsa and heat through.
-- Spoon 3/4 cup portions into tortillas, top with sweet potatoes and avocado, or top with cheese or sour cream or guac or more salsa...and enjoy!