The idea, believe it or not, came from the back of the pasta box. I omitted the meat, added the beans, omitted the packet of chili seasoning and used real spices, and just played around with proportions to came up with this little wonder. It's a one-pot-stop meal that had us all filled up. Top with cheese, or avocados.
Serve with a veggie and you're good to go!
Taco Skillet Pasta
- 2.5-3 cups dry whole wheat rotini
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 cups water (I used 1 cup water, and 1 cup broth for extra flavor!)
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1-3 tsp chili powder (I used a full TBLS and it was just a touch too spicy for my little guys)
- 1 tsp cumin
- avocado or cheese for the top (optional)
-- Combine everything in a large/deep skillet, cover and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is nice and soft and most of the liquid is gone.
-- Top with avocado (or cheese) and enjoy!