Friday, November 1, 2013

Snickerdoole Blondies

Happy Novemeber first, everyone!

These little bars are amazing.  I don't know if they taste quite like snickerdooles to me, but they are tasty none-the-less, and when it's cold outside and I want a little treat, this is one of my go-to recipes.  The original recipe is very similar, I didn't want to veer too far off the beaten path and make a mess.  (Baking is not my thing!)  My boys love these and they are just so simple and so good -- I wanted to share them with you all.

Thank you Katie, over at Chocolate Covered Katie, for another spectacular recipe!  If you haven't been over there to check out her healthy desserts -- GO!  Right now.



Snickerdoole Blondies
makes 9 squares
  • 1 15oz can chickpeas OR great northern beans, rinsed and drained
  • 2 TBLS peanut butter 
  • 2 TBLS applesauce
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, ground oats, OR ground flax
  • 1 TBLS cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking soda
  • 1/5 tsp salt
-- In a food processor, puree everything together until smooth and creamy
-- Spread into a parchement paper-lined 8x8 baking dish
-- Bake for about 40 minutes at 350.  It will look slightly undercooked, but it will cook as it cools a little.  If you want them almost gooey, go for the 35 minute mark.
-- Cool 10-15 minutes before slicing.

3 comments:

  1. Sar, which did you do, the flour, flax or oat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i use flour, usually. but have also used the flax. didn't notice too much of a difference in texture or taste. :D

      Delete
    2. These look great! I will have to try them!

      Delete