Saturday, September 26, 2009

Creamy Potato Corn Chowder


Alright, a lot of the recipes on this blog are easy, but this one is even easier than I thought it would be! And thankfully, it was tasty, too! This was a brand new recipe I tried from the cookbook that I actually have a recipe in (The Healthy College Cookbook), the cookbook is geared towards college students who don't have a lot of time or money. Well, we fit into both of those categories some nights, so I will often try to have a quick/cheap meal once a week just to help out the pocket book. I tweaked this recipe a little and was very pleased with the results. This meal is so quick that I told Scot dinner would be ready in 10 minutes, and it was actually ready 5 minutes after I put everything into the pot! I barely had time to set the table!

Creamy Potato Corn Chowder
  • 2 large baked potatoes, skinned, about 3 lbs total (leftover potatoes would be great, but if not, just pop 2 big ones in the microwave. I tweaked the recipe here as I don't care much for white potatoes and did one white and one sweet and the outcome was great!)
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 cans cream corn
  • 2 t salt
  • 2 t pepper
--Mash peeled potatoes with the milk in pot while heating.
--Add corn, salt and pepper. Heat through.
--Enjoy with hearty bread.

Feeds 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment