Sunday, July 10, 2011

Moosewood Cooking

My mom has let me raid her cookbook collection.

To many, this may not be a big deal. And it's really not. But this trip out here to Colorado could not have come at a better time diet wise. My very own mother and father were vegetarian for a while due to financial necessity mostly and because of that, my mother as a treasure trove of cookbooks dedicated to vegetarian cooking and eating. And as most of you know, the jump from vegetarian to vegan is more of a hop than a jump. Thankfully.

Needless to say, I have had a blast looking through some of these cook books by Mollie Katzen - author of all the famous Moosewood Cookbooks. I'm so excited to try some of the gems I think I've found! Some recipes that I hope to feature here over the next few months are Thai Carrot Soup, Bulgar with Spinach and Carmelized Onions, Aromatic Pasta sauce, Soybean Pie, Sweet Potato Gratin, and Chilean Bean Stew with cornbread. I've only gotten through one of FOUR cookbooks my mom has of hers.

Who knew cookbooks could get me so excited?

Any of you vegans out there even reading this have any good vegan cookbooks that use fairly common ingredients and are nice to the pocketbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment