Do you remember a few weeks ago I made a Chipotle look-a-like burrito bowl? That dish was amazing, but it took a while. The salsa...the guac...all that extra stuff.
This quinoa burrito bowl is much quicker and just as tasty. Mostly because the recipe just covers the quinoa and the beans and leaves everything else up to you.
But I like it this way. I like simple goodness. And this, is simple goodness.
Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- 1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 t minced garlic
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- fresh cut cilantro to taste
- 1/4 t chili powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice, divided
- Additional toppings: greens, corn, salsa, sliced bell pepper (red would have been gorgeous in the pictures, but alas, I only had a green one on hand!), cheese if desired.
-- Saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil, add in the beans, chili powder and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5-10 minutes until the beans are starting to break down and the liquid is almost all gone.
-- Add 2 T lime juice and some of the cilantro to the beans and stir.
-- Add the other 2 T lime juice and desired amount of cilantro into the cooked quinoa.
-- To plate: layer the quinoa on the plate, followed by the beans, followed by whatever toppings you'd like
See, I told you it was easy!