Last night, Scot was on-call, and so it was our standard "'cakes and shakes" dinner. Translation: pancakes and smoothies. And last night, I treated us to a most amazing banana pumpkin "shake". I got the idea for it over here.
It wasn't overly sweet, and when I thought about what was in it, I was quite pleased that my boys sucked a cup-full down! You could barely taste the banana, and the pumpkin was muted, yet there. It was lovely.
Banana Pumpkin Smoothie
makes 2 adult portions
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 c solid 100% pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1 c oats
- 1 c almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 t pumpkin pie spice
- 2 T brown sugar (or other sweetener)
- cinnamon for sprinkling on top (opt)