Here's an insanely easy weeknight meal. We eat this a ton in the summer, but I've been known to serve it with a side of pureed vegetable soup, too, in the cooler months. This salad is best if it's had all day to sit. We eat this in pitas or wraps, or over rice.
Summer Bean Salad makes 12 cups.
- 1 can each: black, kidney, great northen beans, rinse and drain
- 4 cups corn, thawed if using frozen
- 2 colored bell peppers, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- Dressing: 1 small red onion
- 1/3 c balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBLS lemon or lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- cilantro to taste