Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sesame-Ginger Chicken


This was a very easy meal to prepare and it was pretty tasty, too. It wasn't an "Oh my goodness, this is out of this world" amazing, but for how easy it was, it was really good. Tender, juicy, and flavorful. It's healthy, too! I served this with Angel Hair (my stand in for Asian noodles) and just drizzled extra 'sauce' over it all and yummo! Hearty salad and bread and you're in business!

Sesame-Ginger Chicken
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • Fresh ginger to taste (I used powdered - about 1 t I think)
  • 2 large scallions (I used a small bunch) - chopped
  • 1 T + 2 t sesame oil
  • 2 t soy sauce (separated in half)
  • 2 t sesame seeds for garnish (not pictured because I forgot until after the first bite)
--Mix ginger, scallions, 1 T sesame oil and 1 t soy sauce until paste like. Spread over chicken (make sure your chicken at this point is in a baking dish).
-- Mix the remaining oil and soy sauce together and drizzle over chicken.
-- Bake chicken uncovered for 15 minutes at 400. Cover with foil and bake another 15-25 minutes.
-- Sprinkle on sesame seeds and serve over noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment