Monday, November 15, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce



Everyone needs a basic spaghetti sauce, right? Well, here it is! I got this recipe from a friend who got it from a friend who had just heard rave reviews about it. Now that I've made it - I can see why! I made a few tweaks to the original and I liked the way it turned out. You could very easily add ground beef/turkey to this to 'bulk' it up. The robust flavors and all the textures were just amazing - I doubled the batch and froze half of it, which I highly suggest doing. If you're going to simmer something for an hour or two, you better make it worthwhile, right?

Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1 large can crushed tomatoes (I used diced tomatoes and just used my hand blender to "crush" them)
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • 2 large garlic cloves - minced
  • 1 t oregano
  • 1 t basil
  • 1 t tarragon
  • 1 t parsley
  • 1 T sugar
  • 1 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/4 c shredded Romano cheese
  • S & P to taste
--Lightly saute garlic in some Olive Oil in a large sauce pan
-- Add all other ingredients plus one small tomato paste can of water
-- Bring to a slow boil and then reduce and simmer 1-2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment