Saturday, August 6, 2011

And the adventure begins...


Over the last week or so I have been mulling over the idea of starting a "new" food blog.  More like just changing the name, really, to get away from using our last name for privacy purposes.  Not like I thought someone is going to stalk me and come to my house because they ate something that upset their stomach or anything, but more because I didn't like that someone I didn't know could google our name and find us.

I have no aspirations of growing this blog to become as big as wonderful blogs out there like Oh She Glows, Peas and Thank You, or The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  All fabulous blogs with amazing pictures and cookbooks to show for their hard work.  Nope, not me.  Not where I am right now in life. And I'm ok with that.

The point of this blog is to present those interested in heart healthy recipes for their families that don't cost an arm or a leg in time or money.  But none of that cutting into the taste or satisfaction of the meal.  We are a hearty health conscious family and the recipes here do reflect that.  That does not mean I don't have recipes laden with cheese on here, nor does it mean I use tons of wild and hard to find ingredients.  I'm just a stay at home mom to two energetic boys and I like to cook (and write -- it is what I went to college for after all!)

Although...I didn't always like to cook.  I'll have to share some pretty hilarious stories of some of the meals I served (and was proud of serving) when I was a new wife.  They'll  have you laughing as much as they had me crying.

And lastly, the name.  Over the last week the time put into thinking up a name and researching it to see if it was taken or not is bordering on extreme.  I can not tell you how many times I thought up, or someone else gave me, the perfect name only to google it and find that it was taken.  Restaurants, books, blogs, plain old .coms.  It was slightly disheartening.  I wanted a name that spoke to the heart health of the meals I make and this, I feel, does that.  The meals are hearty, both in substance and health, and I hope that what I bring to the blogging world is helpful, as well as tasty.

I get a lot of my recipes from other sites, like the ones listed above, as well as friends, and some of my mother's old cookbooks.  I like to think of myself as a recipe/taste-tester and you all get the result.  I will give credit where credit is due and link to the original if possible and also note the changes I made and why (because if you've been following me for long, you know it is rare when I find a recipe I don't "tweak").

Please, if you like what you just read and would like to see what is going to be coming, follow me (click on the button on the right of the page), subscribe with an email address (that I never see) to be sent updates, and share me!

No comments:

Post a Comment