Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mixed Berry "Ice Cream" and other cool treats

I know this idea is not original to me.  I don't claim it at all.  But in case you didn't realize how close a berry ice cream is, I'm here to let you know.

It's close.  Very very close.  And it takes less than 5 minutes from clean-counter start to sitting down to enjoy the creamy goodness.

With warm weather headed our way, I'm all about the sweet cool treats.  And if I feel my boys haven't gotten enough fruit into their day (very rare) this "dessert" is a must.



Mixed Berry "Ice Cream"
Makes 2 cups
  • 2 cups (half a 16 oz bag) frozen mixed berries, just slightly thawed or popped in the microwave for about 15 seconds so they're firm but not hard as ice
  • 2 T sugar or honey
  • 2 T almond milk (for the creamy texture.  you could use water in a pinch)
-- Combine all THREE ingredients in your food processor/blender and puree until it's nice and creamy (about 30 seconds)
-- Spoon the thick sweetness into little bowls and get ready to be amazed at it's simple goodness


Other easy cool sweet treats:








No comments:

Post a Comment