Monday, November 19, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars

I just have to say I am so thankful for this recipe.  I used to make pumpkin bars with a cream cheese frosting that were to. die. for.  Seriously.  It was dangerous to have the pan in my house, so I would only make it for events.  The last couple years, though, I haven't made them. (If you do want to make them, the recipe is here)  And I've missed my pumpkin bars something awful.

Now these bars aren't exactly the same, but they are light and fluffy and with the little hint of chocolate, I can eat them guilt free.  And eat them I do.  Gladly.

I may also try adding white chocolate chips or craisins to switch things up!


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
  • 1/2 c pumpkin puree
  • 3 eggs (1 whole, 2 whites)
  • 1 T veg oil
  • 1 c flour
  • 1 t baking powder
  • 1 t cocoa powder
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 1/2 t allspice
  • 1/4 t nutmeg
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 2/3 c brown sugar
  • 1/2 c chocolate chips
-- Combine all wet.  Combine all dry.  Add dry to wet and mix until all wet.
-- Fold in chocolate chips and transfer to a greased 7x11 baking pan.
-- Bake 15-20 minutes at 350,  (passes the toothpick test)

No comments:

Post a Comment