Friday, September 9, 2011

Favorite Fall Soups/Stews

Fall is in the air.  The air is crisp.  Leaves are starting to change -- I can almost hear the crunch they'll make underfoot in about a month or two.

And as we gear up for Fall by taking out long sleeved shirts and jeans, unpacking candles and socks, turning the oven on for the first time since May (ME!!), and looking at that lovely crock-pot wondering what the first crock-pot meal of the season is going to be...may I present you with my all time favorite soups and stews for these colder months that are about to envelope us.



African Groundnut Stew

Funny name.  Amazingly hearty and tasty stew.  (And please don't mind the very dated picture, this was one of my very first blog posts.)





Broccoli Cheese Soup

Simply the best Broccoli Cheese Soup my taste buds have ever partied with.  One of my goals for winter: make this vegan.




 Chili

 Everyone needs a good chili recipe, right?  This one is quick and easy and tastes amazing!  Another goal for the winter:  make a vegan/vegetarian version.




 Cowboy Stew

Totally NOT vegan or vegetarian, but life's about balance, right?  So when you want your meat intake for a while, make this!  You won't regret it.  I promise.  And if you do, call me up -- I'll eat your leftovers so you don't have to.





Creamy Sweet Potato Soup

If you've been on the blog for any amount of time, I'm pretty sure you're well aware of my love for these amazing potatoes.  And what better way to eat them on a cold night (or afternoon) than in soup form?




Lentil Soup

If may not look like much, but believe me, this is not your momma's lentil soup recipe (unless your momma has this recipe!)  Make some cornbread and you're good to go!




 Orange Chicken Vegetable Soup

This is one of my top top favorite soups.  The combination of the orange with the vegetables and chicken is perfection in a bowl.  You have to try it!




Squash-Apple Soup

This was a "risk soup" that turned out extremely well and was even a contender on Thanksgiving for being "the soup" instead of the Creamy Sweet Potato soup.  It's another "must" for sure. 





Taco Soup

Ahhh...what's football season without chili or Taco Soup?  Umm...NOT true football season, that's what!  This is easy and has always gotten grand reviews!





Tortellini Vegetable Soup

This is one of the simplest soups in my repertoire.  It's not much, but it's my favorite in a pinch.  It's so quick and tasty and nutritious.  It last well in the fridge and the kids go nuts for it.





White Chicken Chili

This is the other top top favorite soup for fall.  The cinnamon in here sets it apart from any other White Chicken Chili soup/recipe I've tried.  It's warm and comforting and paired with some soft bread, it's a dinner-dream come true for this girl!



I hope these got you all excited about fall!  What are your favorite fall soups?

No comments:

Post a Comment